Q's Quick Holy Scripture Verses

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

The Church Must Be One

Jn 10:16 And other sheep I have, that are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice, and there shall be one fold and one shepherd.
.
Eph 4:3 Careful to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
Eph 4:4 One body and one Spirit; as you are called in one hope of your calling.
Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism.
Eph 4:6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in us all.
.
Rom 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, to mark them who make dissensions and offences contrary to the doctrine which you have learned, and avoid them.
.
1 Cor1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no schisms among you; but that you be perfect in the same mind, and in the same judgment.
.
Phil 2:2 Fulfill ye my joy, that you may be of one mind, having the same charity, being of one accord, agreeing in sentiment.
.
Rom 5:15 But not as the offence, so also the gift. For if by the offence of one, many died; much more the grace of God, and the gift, by the grace of one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
.
Jn 17:17 Sanctify them in truth. Thy word is truth.
Jn 17:18 As thou hast sent me into the world, I also have sent them into the world.
Jn 17:19 And for them do I sanctify myself, that they also may be sanctified in truth.
Jn 17:20 And not for them only do I pray, but for them also who through their word shall believe in me;
Jn 17:21 That they all may be one, as thou, Father, in me, and I in thee; that they also may be one in us; that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
Jn 17:22 And the glory which thou hast given me, I have given to them; that they may be one, as we also are one:
Jn 17:23 I in them, and thou in me; that they may be made perfect in one: and the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast also loved me.
.
1 Cor 12:13 For in one Spirit were we all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Gentiles, whether bond or free; and in one Spirit we have all been made to drink.
.
Rom 12:5 So we being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
.
Eph 4:4 One body and one Spirit; as you are called in one hope of your calling.
.
Col 3:15 And let the peace of Christ rejoice in your hearts, wherein also you are called in one body: and be ye thankful.
.
St. Cyprian (c 250 AD.) “ God is one and Christ is one, and one is His Church, and the faith is one, and His people welded together by the glue of concord into a solid unity of body. Unity cannot be rent asunder, nor can the one body of the Church, through the division of its structure, be divided into separate pieces.:” On the Unity of the Church 23
Tertullian (197 AD) “We are a society with a single religious feeling, s single unity of discipline, a single bond of hope.” Apology 39.1
.
St. Hillary (4th c): “In the Scripture our people are shown to be made one; so that just as many grains collected into one and ground and mingled together, make one loaf, so in Christ, who is the heavenly Bread, we know there is one body, in which our whole company in joined and united” Treatise 62, 13

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home