Q's Quick Holy Scripture Verses

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Good Works


(Not Lord, Lord, but he who does the will of Father)
Mt 7:21 Not every one that says unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
.
(To have life, keeps the commandments)
Mt 19:16-17 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? Mt 19:17 And he said unto him, Why calls thou me good? There is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
.
(He who keeps my commandments loves me)
Jn 14:21 He that hath my commandments, and keeps them, he it is that loves me: and he that loves me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
.
(Eternal life by perseverance in good works)
Rom 2:2-8 But we are sure that the judgment of God is according to truth against them which commit such things. Rom 2:3 And thinks thou this, O man, that judges them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shall escape the judgment of God? Rom 2:4 Or despises thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leads thee to repentance? Rom 2:5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasures up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God; Rom 2:6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds: Rom 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, eternal life: Rom 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,
.
(Nothing counts but faith working through love)
Gal 5:4-6 Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace. Gal 5:5 For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith. Gal 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availed any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which works by love.
.
(We are created in Christ Jesus for good works)
Eph 2:8-10 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast. Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
.
(Work out salvation with fear and trembling)
Phil 2:12-13 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Phil 2:13 For it is God which works in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
.
(A man is justified by works and not faith alone)
Jam 2:14-24 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? Can faith save him? Jam 2:15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, Jam 2:16 And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? Jam 2:17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone. Jam 2:18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: show me thy faith without thy works, and I will show thee my faith by my works. Jam 2:19 Thou believes that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble. Jam 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Jam 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar? Jam 2:22 Sees thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? Jam 2:23 And the scripture was fulfilled which says, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God. Jam 2:24 You see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
.
Rev 22:12 Behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to render to every man according to his works.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:09 PM, Blogger TheDoctor said…

    I love this one. "Keep the commandments," and Christians the world over ignore this statement of Yeshua. The Christian NT hadn't been written when Messiah spoke these words, so the only commandments He could have been speaking of would be those contained in Tanakh (OT).

    Sunday worship? Tithe? Read the OT and find out. Do you obey the commandments? Read the 4th commandment. Do you insist that we aren't under the law, then why preach tithe? Read the OT. Find out.

    ...and yet I agree, this blog has value.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home