Q's Quick Holy Scripture Verses

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Works not needed?

Mt 25: 14-30 ~ For even as a man going into a far country, called his servants, and delivered to them his goods; Mt 25:15 And to one he gave five talents, and to another two, and to another one, to every one according to his proper ability: and immediately he took his journey. Mt 25:16 And he that had received the five talents, went his way, and traded with the same, and gained other five. Mt 25:17 And in like manner he that had received the two, gained other two. Mt 25:18 But he that had received the one, going his way digged into the earth, and hid his lord's money. Mt 25:19 But after a long time the lord of those servants came, and reckoned with them. Mt 25:20 And he that had received the five talents coming, brought other five talents, saying: Lord, thou didst deliver to me five talents, behold I have gained other five over and above. Mt 25:21 His lord said to him: Well done, good and faithful servant, because thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will place thee over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. Mt 25:22 And he also that had received the two talents came and said: Lord, thou deliveredst two talents to me: behold I have gained other two. Mt 25:23 His lord said to him: Well done, good and faithful servant: because thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will place thee over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord. Mt 25:24 But he that had received the one talent, came and said: Lord, I know that thou art a hard man; thou reapest where thou hast not sown, and gatherest where thou hast not strewed. Mt 25:25 And being afraid I went and hid thy talent in the earth: behold here thou hast that which is thine. Mt 25:26 And his lord answering, said to him: Wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sow not, and gather where I have not strewed: Mt 25:27 Thou oughtest therefore to have committed my money to the bankers, and at my coming I should have received my own with usury. Mt 25:28 Take ye away therefore the talent from him, and give it to him that hath ten talents. Mt 25:29 For to every one that hath shall be given, and he shall abound: but from him that hath not, that also which he seemeth to have shall be taken away. Mt 25:30 And the unprofitable servant cast ye out into the exterior darkness. There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
.
Mt 25:31-46 ~ And when the Son of man shall come in his majesty, and all the angels with him, then shall he sit upon the seat of his majesty. Mt 25:32 And all nations shall be gathered together before him, and he shall separate them one from another, as the shepherd separateth the sheep from the goats: Mt 25:33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left. Mt 25:34 Then shall the king say to them that shall be on his right hand: Come, ye blessed of my Father, possess you the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. Mt 25:35 For I was hungry, and you gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and you took me in: Mt 25:36 Naked, and you covered me: sick, and you visited me: I was in prison, and you came to me. Mt 25:37 Then shall the just answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, and fed thee; thirsty, and gave thee drink? Mt 25:38 And when did we see thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and covered thee? Mt 25:39 or when did we see thee sick or in prison, and came to thee? Mt 25:40 And the king answering, shall say to them: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it to one of these my least brethren, you did it to me. Mt 25:41 Then he shall say to them also that shall be on his left hand: Depart from me, you cursed, into everlasting fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels. Mt 25:42 For I was hungry, and you gave me not to eat: I was thirsty, and you gave me not to drink. Mt 25:43 I was a stranger, and you took me not in: naked, and you covered me not: sick and in prison, and you did not visit me. Mt 25:44 Then they also shall answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister to thee? Mt 25:45 Then he shall answer them, saying: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it not to one of these least, neither did you do it to me. Mt 25:46
And these shall go into everlasting punishment: but the just, into life everlasting.
.
Jam 2:14-26 ~ What shall it profit, my brethren, if a man say he hath faith, but hath not works? Shall faith be able to save him? Jas 2:15 And if a brother or sister be naked, and want daily food: Jas 2:16 And one of you say to them: Go in peace, be ye warmed and filled; yet give them not those things that are necessary for the body, what shall it profit? Jas 2:17 So faith also, if it have not works, is dead in itself. Jas 2:18 But some man will say: Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without works; and I will shew thee, by works, my faith. Jas 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God. Thou dost well: the devils also believe and tremble.
Jas 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead? Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, offering up Isaac his son upon the altar? Jas 2:22 Seest thou, that faith did co-operate with his works; and by works faith was made perfect? Jas 2:23
And the scripture was fulfilled, saying: Abraham believed God, and it was reputed to him to justice, and he was called the friend of God. Jas 2:24 Do you see that by works a man is justified; and not by faith only? Jas 2:25 And in like manner also Rahab the harlot, was not she justified by works, receiving the messengers, and sending them out another way? Jas 2:26 For even as the body without the spirit is dead; so also faith without works is dead.
.
Jam 2:19 ~ Thou believest that there is one God. Thou dost well: the devils also believe and tremble.
.
Jam 3:1-5 ~ Be ye not many masters, my brethren, knowing that you receive the greater judgment. Jas 3:2 For in many things we all offend. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man. He is able also with a bridle to lead about the whole body. Jas 3:3 For if we put bits into the mouths of horses, that they may obey us, and we turn about their whole body. Jas 3:4 Behold also ships, whereas they are great, and are driven by strong winds, yet are they turned about with a small helm, whithersoever the force of the governor willeth. Jas 3:5 Even so the tongue is indeed a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold how small a fire kindleth a great wood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home