Q's Quick Holy Scripture Verses

Friday, July 08, 2005

Real Presence of Christ In The Eucharist




(Eucharist promised)
Jn 6:35-71 And Jesus said unto them, “I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. Jn 6:36 But I said unto you, that ye also have seen me, and believe not. Jn 6:37 All that the Father gives me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out. Jn 6:38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me. Jn 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day. Jn 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which sees the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. Jn 6:41 The Jews then murmured at him, because he said, I am the bread which came down from heaven. Jn 6:42 And they said, “Is not this Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know?” how is it then that he said, I came down from heaven? Jn 6:43 Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, “Murmur not among yourselves. Jn 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day. Jn 6:45 It is written in the prophets, and they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me. Jn 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father. Jn 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. Jn 6:48 I am that bread of life. Jn 6:49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead. Jn 6:50 This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. Jn 6:51 I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world. Jn 6:52 The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? Jn 6:53 Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. Jn 6:54 Whoso eats my flesh, and drinks my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. Jn 6:55 For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed. Jn 6:56 He that eats my flesh, and drinks my blood, dwells in me, and I in him. Jn 6:57 As the living Father have sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eats me, even he shall live by me. Jn 6:58 This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eats of this bread shall live for ever. Jn 6:59 These things said he in the synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum. Jn 6:60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, “This is an hard saying; who can hear it?” Jn 6:61 When Jesus knew in His self that his disciples murmured at it, he said unto them, “Does this offend you?” Jn 6:62 What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? Jn 6:63 It is the spirit that quickened; the flesh profited nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. Jn 6:64 But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him. Jn 6:65 And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father. Jn 6:66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him. Jn 6:67 Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? Jn 6:68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of eternal life. Jn 6:69 And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God. Jn 6:70 Jesus answered them, “Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?” Jn 6:71 He spoke of Judas Iscariot the son of Simon: for he it was that should betray him, being one of the twelve.
.
(The first Eucharist)
Mt 26:26-28 And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. Mt 26:27 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; Mt 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
Mk 14:22-24 And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body. Mr 14:23 And he took the cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them: and they all drank of it. Mr 14:24 And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.
Lk 22:17-19 And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and said, Take this, and divide it among yourselves: Lk 22:18 For I say unto you, I will not drink of the fruit of the vine, until the kingdom of God shall come. Lk 22:19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me. Lk 22:20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.
.
(Eucharist equals participation in Christ’s Body and blood)
1 Cor 10:16 The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not the communion of the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not the communion of the body of Christ?
.
(To receive unworthily is to be guilty of his body and blood)
1 Cor 11:23-29 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: 1Cor11:24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. 1Cor11:25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, “This cup is the new testament in my blood: Do this, as oft as you drink it, in remembrance of me.” 1Cor11:26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do show the Lord's death till he come. 1Cor11:27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 1Cor11:28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 1Cor11:29 For he that eats and drinks unworthily, eats and drinks damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
.
(Paschal Lamb had to be eaten)
Ex 12:8 And they shall eat the flesh in that night, roast with fire, and unleavened bread; and with bitter herbs they shall eat it.
Ex 12:46 In one house shall it be eaten; thou shalt not carry forth ought of the flesh abroad out of the house; neither shall ye break a bone thereof.
.
(Jesus is Called “Lamb of God”)
Jn 1:29 The next day John sees Jesus coming unto him, and said, Behold the Lamb of God, which takes away the sin of the world.
.
(Jesus is called “paschal lamb who has been sacrificed”)
1 Cor 5:7 Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
.
(Jesus talking symbolically about food)
Jn 4:31-34 In the mean while his disciples prayed him, saying, Master, eat. Jn 4:32 But he said unto them, I have meat to eat that ye know not of. Jn 4:33 Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eat? Jn 4:34 Jesus said unto them, “My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work.”
Mt 15:5-12 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; Mt 15:6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition. Mt 15:7 Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, Mt 15:8 This people drawled nigh unto me with their mouth, and honored me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. Mt 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. Mt 15:10 And he called the multitude, and said unto them, Hear, and understand: Mt 15:11 Not that which goes into the mouth defiled a man; but that which cometh out of the mouth, this defiled a man. Mt 15:12 Then came his disciples, and said unto him, Knows thou that the Pharisees were offended, after they heard this saying?
.
(explains what ‘the flesh” means in Jn 6:63)
1Cor 2:14-3:4 But the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. 1Cor 2:15 But he that is spiritual judges all things, yet he himself is judged of no man. 1Cor2:16 For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ 1Cor3:1 And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ. 1Cor3:2 I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able. 1Cor3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men? 1Cor3:4 For while one says, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
.
(to Symbolically eat & drink one’s body and blood is equal to assault)
Ps 14:4 Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the LORD.
Is 9:18-20 For wickedness burns as the fire: it shall devour the briers and thorns, and shall kindle in the thickets of the forest, and they shall mount up like the lifting up of smoke. Is 9:19 Through the wrath of the LORD of hosts is the land darkened, and the people shall be as the fuel of the fire: no man shall spare his brother. Is 9:20 And he shall snatch on the right hand, and be hungry; and he shall eat on the left hand, and they shall not be satisfied: they shall eat every man the flesh of his own arm:
Is 49:26 And I will feed them that oppress thee with their own flesh; and they shall be drunken with their own blood, as with sweet wine: and all flesh shall know that I the LORD am thy Saviour and thy Redeemer, the mighty One of Jacob.
Mic 3:3 Who also eat the flesh of my people, and flay their skin from off them; and they break their bones, and chop them in pieces, as for the pot, and as flesh within the caldron.
2Sm 23:15-17 And David longed, and said, Oh that one would give me drink of the water of the well of Bethlehem, which is by the gate! 2Sm 23:16 And the three mighty men brake through the host of the Philistines, and drew water out of the well of Bethlehem, that was by the gate, and took it, and brought it to David: nevertheless he would not drink thereof, but poured it out unto the LORD. 2Sm 23:17 And he said, Be it far from me, O LORD, that I should do this: is not this the blood of the men that went in jeopardy of their lives? therefore he would not drink it. These things did these three mighty men.
Rv 17:6 And I saw the woman drunken with the blood of the saints, and with the blood of the martyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration.
Rv 17:16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.
.
St. Ignatius (110 AD) “[heretics] abstain from Eucharist and from prayer, because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the Flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ… “ Letter to Smyrnaeans 6,2.
.
St. Justin Martyr (150 AD): “… not as common bread nor common drink do we receive thee; but … as we have been taught, the food which has been made into the Eucharist by the Eucharistic prayer set down by him, and by the change of which our blood and flesh in nourished, is both the Flesh and Blood of that Incarnated Jesus.“ First Apology 66,20
.
St. Irenaeus of Lyons (195 AD):” He [Jesus] has declared the cup, a part of his creation, to be HIS OWN BLOOD, from which he causes our blood to flow; and the bread, a part of creation, He has established as HIS OWN BODY, from which He gives increase to our bodies.” Against Heresies 5,2,2.
.
St Cyril of Jerusalem (350 AD): “He himself, therefore, having declared and said of the Bread, “This is My Body,” who will dare any longer to doubt? And when He Himself has affirmed and said, “This is My Blood,” who can ever hesitate and say it is not His Blood?” Catechetical Lectures: Mystagogic 4,22,1.
.
St Cyril of Jerusalem (350 AD): “Do not, therefore, regard the bread and wine as simply that, for they are, according to the Master’s declaration, the Body and Blood of Christ. Even though the senses suggest to you the other, let faith make you firm. Do not judge in this matter by taste, but be fully assured by faith, not doubting that you have been deemed worthy of the Body and Blood of Christ. “ Catechetical Lectures: Mystagogic 4,22,6.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home